Ask our experts how much does your work of art is worth
Fill in the valuation form under
By combining a number of unique knowledge and skills, Palácio do Correio Velho’s team develops multiple strategies with exclusive solutions adapted to each client’s needs. We provide a service of excellence and an exclusive assistance, which reflects itself in a wide and transversal approach in the following sectors:
• Estimates for auction (free valuation)
• Assets & inventory update
• Valuation for insurance purposes
• Estate inventory and partitions
• Guarantee for loan purposes
If you intend to valuate one of your pieces
See guide lines:
• By filling our valuation form and sending pictures of the pieces, alternativly pictures may be sent by electronic mail to email@example.com. All valuations made by email are subject to further confirmation in presence of the pieces themselves.
• Make an appointment with Clara Melo (+351 934 580 339 | firstname.lastname@example.org) through the following form below, and bring your pieces to Calçada do Combro, 38 A – 1º, Lisbon.
• In the event you do not have the means to bring the pieces to our facilities, you may request the presence of one or more assessors on the location of the pieces, always booking it in advance.
Valuation for sale at auction
If you intend to sell your pieces through Palácio do Correio Velho auctions, you will need to appraise them.
In case of a limited number of pieces, we accept photographs and their respective descriptions. By using the submited information we will give you our proposal for an auction sale estimate. After you receive our valuation and auction sale agreement , you may decide if either you place your pieces at auction, or nor to go ahead with the sale of your piece.
Palácio do Correio Velho may charge the valuation service, for withdrawn pieces according to the price list mentioned below.
Formal valuation for other purposes
In the formal valuation a cataloging list will be prepared, where pieces will be individually identified and put in numerical order. To these descriptions we add photographs for easy identification and market value estimates, according to the valuation purpose.
Valuations of pieces which are not intended to be sold at auction will be subject to charge of a valuation fee according to the appraisal and valuation price list below.
Photo by Beatriz Pérez Moya on Unsplash
Price list of appraisals and valuation
Antiques, modern and contemporary art, jewelry and books: 2.50% + VAT
Currencies: 4.00% + VAT
Collection and wines: 5.00% + VAT
Depending on the location of the pieces to be valuated, there may be charges for traveling and accommodation purposes.