Palácio do Correio Velho’s valuations cover a wide range of objectives and needs:
• Auction Estimates (free valuation)
• Valuation of a Collection
• Property divisions
• Guarantee for the purposes of a loan
Valuation for sale via a Palácio do Correio Velho auction
If you want to sell your items via a Palácio do Correio Velho auction, they will first have to be valued. This valuation is provided free of charge and aims to define the estimated value of each item, prior to it being presented in the auction.
If, after the valuation and prior to signature of the auction sales contract, you decide not to place your items for auction, the Palácio do Correio Velho will charge a fee for this valuation service, in accordance with the Valuation Price List specified below.
Valuation for other purposes
Valuations that are not intended for the sale of items in an auction will be subject to a Valuation Fee, in accordance with the Valuation Price List specified below.
How do we value your items?
• Using photographs of the items, with reference to the dimensions of each item, as well as the respective origin and other relevant information. Photographs may be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Such valuations will always be subject to subsequent confirmation, in the physical presence of the items.
• In the Palácio do Correio Velho’s premises, after prior appointment, wherein the items should be brought to Calçada do Combro, 38 A - 1º, in Lisbon, for analysis and physical evaluation.
• In the event that it is not possible to carry the items to our offices, you can request that one or more appraisers travel to where the items are located, always subject to a prior appointment.
Palácio do Correio Velho will charge a valuation fee (plus VAT) calculated as a percentage of the global value of the valued items. However, for items that have been consigned for direct sale or auction sale, no valuation fee will be charged.
Valuations - Price List
Antiques, Modern and Contemporary Art, Jewellery and Books: 2.50% + VAT
Coins: 4.00% + VAT
Collectors and Wines: 5.00% + VAT
In function of the location of the items to be valued and the duration of the valuation, it may be necessary to budget for the appraisers’ travel and accommodation expenses.
Booking a Valuation
In order to book a valuation, you should contact Ms. Marta Moraes d'Orey, via the telephone numbers +351 213242980 / +351 919008363 or contact-us here.